Sunday, December 21, 2008

All Roads Lead to Home

I'm still not sure about the title for this post. I couldn't seem to find the right phrases to capture the essence of this post. I would never let myself title is Home Sweet Home. I thought about working in something about the home front, but let's face it that would be lame. My personal favorite was Homeward Bound (ah, those movies are terrible) but then I realized that I'm already here, so I would either be lying or making a statement that I was trapped here. Anyway, I'm sure you're just dying to see what exactly this post is going to be so let's get on with it.

I didn't know just how much I enjoyed spending time with my new friends until they were all so far away. We've seen each other almost every day for the past few months that I think I'm going through withdrawals. However, I have enjoyed getting to see my old friends. I had a lot of catching up to do with a few people and I really miss them. I still have to get around to hanging out with some more people, which I haven't been working at as hard as I should have (some days I have more conversations with people in other states than my friends here...oops).

The freedom of college life is fun, but there isn't much better than home cooked meals and a nice bedroom all to myself. Plus, I get to build fires all the time (well, when it gets cold enough...stupid Texas weather). I'm enjoying a fire right now in fact.

Christmas is coming up pretty slowly. I'm used to getting out of school with only two or three days until Christmas, so I'm having to get used to this. Trying to eat healthy...healthy-er at least...is pretty difficult right now with all the toffee, popcorn stuff, and other treats that seem to just pour in over the holidays. I mean, I'm an Anderson and we know how to snack.

I'm sort of boring myself with this post now so I hope it hasn't been that way for you. Since I'm pretty sure that only my family reads this thing there's no need for a cheesy Merry Christmas ending or anything because I'll be seeing you then anyway.

Adios

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Boy am I enjoying having you home for Christmas break! I'm glad your first semester at ACU has been great....I know it will only get better and better. I'm so glad God is preparing you for ministry! MOM