Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Glass is Half...

...Empty

My time here at North Davis Church of Christ is already half-over. It's strange to work somewhere for only a summer after working at Hillcrest for over a year. The time has just flown by and I feel like I just got here. I love these kids so much. They are so much fun and they love each other so much. It has been so great to get to know them, but I feel like there is so much I have yet to learn about each of them and I'm not sure I have the time. No, I know I don't have the time to get as close to them as I would want, but I will simply have to work with the time that I have.

...Full

My time here in Arlington is already half-over. I didn't realize how attached I had become to Abilene. I love that place. I have missed all my favorite restaurants, coffee shops, etc. I have missed having disc golf courses that are closer than 30 min away. Abilene is where most of my friends are/will be and this summer has shown me how much I rely on them. Part of me is very ready to get back.

It's strange to feel so torn about being halfway done with my internship. Judging by how quickly the first half went by, the second will probably go by even more quickly. We'll see how the glass is then.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm glad your internship is going well. And I understand what you mean about being attached to Abilene. I'm shocked by how much I miss that dry, flat little town.