Monday, January 25, 2010

In the blink of an eye...

Time has lost control of itself. The days are confused and get out of order, or simply don't show up at all sometimes. The weeks shove each other aside in a mad dash to the next month. In case you didn't gather, I feel like this semester is off at a ridiculous pace. Nothing is causing too much stress or anything. It just feels like life could take a break from the caffeine and slow down a bit. I am a lot busier this semester than I've ever been. I am an officer and a member of the creative team for Seekers. I have a job tutoring on campus. I help with the youth at Minter Lane on Wednesday nights and I'm on one of the worship planning committees there. While all of this goes on I am trying to get better at disc golf (I'm in a class for it!), read, write, and enjoy friends (both new and old). It's a clumsy and flailing juggling act that strains the capabilities of my half-organized, half-chaotic mind. Have I mentioned that I love it. I must be getting more like Hannah.

I have also been talking to different churches about internships. I had one phone interview, submitted an online application, signed up for the internship fair on campus, and emailed a church in town about a possible year-long internship. After my phone interview it hit me for the first time just how close I am to living out my passion. The desire to be in youth ministry will soon be more than just a desire. I will be able to put my gifts to use and find new ones along the way. I'll be making relationships and leading young people to God. That gets me pumped beyond all reason. I started off this semester on a note of uncertainty, but I have since gained some perspective and settled back into life on campus. This semester holds a lot of promise and possibility and I plan to make the most of it.

May our Father speak love to you today. May your ears be ever listening for the sound of His singing as He comforts, encourages, and calls you. May you echo the voice of your Lord so that those around you may learn to hear more clearly.

Blessings,
Matt

3 comments:

Sallie said...

What an inspiring post--so glad to hear you are fulfilled in spite of the chaos. So interesting that about 5 minutes ago I finished today's lesson from a Max Lucado study. It fit in with your blessing more than you can imagine!

Hannah Anderson said...

Getting more like me? How beneficial for you!!

Unknown said...

I heard a mini lesson on K-LOVE the other day about pausing to find blessings amongst the chaos in our lives. An example for me would be to see the blessing in having children who are healthy enough to play sports instead of grumbling about having to transport them to practices. May you find all of God's blessings in this crazy time of your life, Matt. At 42, I still have to be reminded to look at life that way.

Tere