Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Joshua stopped the sun, why can't I?

Well, as some of you may have predicted, I have fallen severely behind schedule. Life is just plain busy. That does not absolve me from being behind schedule but it is one of the main factors leading to my slacking. I did finish Numbers today. I've been imagining what it would have been like to listen to Moses give speeches about the Law. I don't know if I could have done it. I find it hard enough to read, but imagining listening to this man who many believe had a stutter ramble on...it boggles my mind. This may be slightly sacrilegious, but it's how I feel. Deuteronomy is going to be a little more exciting, but what I am really looking forward to is Judges. I know I have a ways to go to get there, but there are some pretty great stories there. I'm especially looking forward to rereading the story of Samson (my second favorite figure from the Old Testament). You can expect a post devoted to his story (I know you're just brimming with excitement at that thought). He might be one of the few men in history who compared his wife to livestock and survived. Well, I realize this post hasn't been very interesting, but I promised updates so there ya go.

1 comment:

Sallie said...

I was waiting for an update. NEVER attempt what Samson did (calling his wife livestock)--trust me, it will never work again! Miss you!