Sunday, November 2, 2008

College Life

I sit here watching Fun with Dick and Jane on the good old TBS and I think to myself, "What better way to spend my time than create a blog like my sisters."

I assume that the way to begin a blog is to describe the circumstances under which the blog was created. The simple description is that I am in the dorm and bored.

The first months of my college experience have been amazing. Despite the slightly-less-than-appetizing Bean Food (don't believe the rumors, it's still not great) and having to get used to living in the same room as another person, I have been having the time of my life. Obviously, I miss my family and friends but I know that ACU is the place for me.

The biggest change in my life has been Seekers of the Word. I don't think that I have ever felt more at home with any other group in such a short time. Throughout my experience in high school theater there was always a part of me that was dissatisfied with the program (even before politics and annoyance crept in). I see now that the piece that was missing was ministry. I now have the means to use the talent and passion that God gave me to directly serve Him. Seekers has been a huge time commitment with all of the practices and trips, but I can't think of anything more fulfilling that I could be doing with my time.

The biggest surprise in my first semester has been my increasing gratefulness for Midway. I am so thankful for the education and the level of challenge that I received there because it has made my classes seem so much easier in college. I know that my classes will get increasingly more difficult but it's nice to start out with this pleasant surprise.

Well, I have no idea if this is in any way entertaining or informative or whatever these things are supposed to provide to readers, but it's my first post so cut me some slack.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Yay! I'm glad you started a blog. I am so happy that you are involved with Seekers. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to see you perform sometime. And I know what you mean about Midway. My first year of college was actually easier than my senior year of high school. I don't think a lot of people can say that.

Sallie said...

You know I'm glad for your blog! Any extra way to keep up with what's going on with my kids is wonderful!